Project “be circular be.brussels”
Government of the Brussels-Capital Region adopted the Brussels Regional Program for a Circular Economy 2016 – 2020 (BRPCE), with a budget of €12.8 million for the year 2016
The Brussels Regional Program for a Circular Economy (BRPCE) has three general objectives:
- To transform environmental objectives into economic opportunities.
- To relocate the economy to Brussels in order to produce locally whenever possible, reduce travel, optimise land use and create added value for Brussels inhabitants.
- To help create employment.
Outlined results and focuses
This programme includes 111 measures divided into 4 strategic areas:
- cross-functional measures (a favourable regulatory framework, direct and indirect aid, innovation, procurement contracts, employment, training, education);
- sector-based measures (construction, resources & waste, trade, logistics, food);
- territorial measures
- governance measures (strengthened cooperation between administrations).
- Impulse – the Brussels Enterprise Agency
- Brussels Environment – the Brussels administration for the Environment and Energy
- “Bruxelles-Propreté” Agency – the Brussels agency for urban cleaning, and the collection and treatment of household waste
- Innoviris – The Brussels administration for the promotion and support of innovation
- Other stakeholders (public, private, associations) are also involved in the BRPCE.
BE CIRCULAR BE.BRUSSELS